photos of butterfly and moth wings taken by linden gledhil at seven to ten times life size.
"evolution is written on the wings of butterflies" - charles darwin
Seeing the microscopic wonder that is a butterfly’s wing always makes me think of Vladimir Nabokov, author and lepidopterist (and not necessarily in that order).
You’ll want to check out Nabokov’s butterfly sketches, whimsical fantasy species presented as gifts to his wife. And don’t miss his gorgeous butterfly-inspired poem, “On Discovering a Butterfly”.
Finally, don’t miss this great video from Smarter Every Day in which Destin goes full microscope on some butterfly scales. Beautiful stuff:
Sometimes in daily life I like to pretend I’m a time traveler from late medieval Europe and I’m just fucking amazed at my luxurious life
Let me tell you, 14th c me is REALLY impressed with modern me’s easy access to pepper and cinnamon
"you have multiple purple garments? you must be a person of some note"
"these chairs are fantastically luxurious"
"I’ve never seen so much salt in one place"
I am going to start playing this game.
Purple? Such wow
- Intro: State of the Hip-Hop Union Address
- Track 1: How Do My Presidential Balls Taste?
- Track 2: Obamacare For Ya Mama
- Track 3: Vetoing The Pussy feat: The First Lady
- Track 4: Rock the Vote After I Rock Ya Headboard
- Track 5: I Got the CIA Fucking With Me
- Track 6: White House Sanctioned Murder feat: Wild Joe Biden
- Track 7: Government Lockdown (Fuck the Repubs)
- Track 8: Senate Massacre
- Track 9: Executive Branch Evil
- Track 10: Harvard Hitman
- Outro: Re-Elect a Real Nigga When You See One
- Bonus Track: What You Mean Declined? (The Deficit’s Trying To Kill Me)
this track list was too good I had to reblog again